Wednesday, May 29, 2013

masterpiece on pbs

the at and t representative today was 'aghast' that we didnt' have television...no doubt envisioning us among ludites and quakers. but of course we have our more than fair share of watchings that go on in this house...whether vision video of old in Athens or Netflix of new in the present...josh and I as well as the kids love our bits of 'television'
I have a very nearly insatiable desire to share things that I really like...with whom through blogging, I have do idea...but nonetheless I ramble on anyway ;)...for this has always been more an outlet and an imaginary chat with my mum for me anyway =)
sooo, what are we watching?
the kids LOVE shaun the sheep...and so do we! ha! that show is probably my favorite children's show out there...it is HILARIOUS...I can hear the kids laughing from the other room...
human planet is another favorite...and little house on the prairie from youtube (which may remain a favorite for about 14 years as there are SO MANY EPISODES) =)

I love masterpiece ...you can just go to pbs.org and find the shows...downton..of course wonderful...but my new favorite is 'call the midwives'...I am on the second season and I CRY MY EYES OUT everytime I watch it....it is so beautiful and nostalgic...even though I wasn't alive in the 50's!! haha! it still stirs something in me...there is one character, chummy, who is about 6 feet tall and a heavy build (so not like my mum) but who looks like pictures I have seen of my mum when she was about 15...it is strange and wonderful....the program is based on the memoirs of a midwife in east end London in the 50's.  now, josh can hang with me on many shows but alas, he draws the line here...I think watching the birth of our 3 children from the business end proooooobably has given him his fill of the maternity ward =)
though let's be honest, it is pretty flat out amazing...weird, sure. bloody, sure. other stuffy, sure. but a BABY coming out of a womb into the world for the first time!!!!!! radical.

josh and I like a program called wallander...the Swedish one is great (though I dont' do a lot of sleeping afterwards) and then a British show in English as opposed to subtitles of the same name...also good but different.  ooooooook, what a lot of nonsense I know...but there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment